The Greater Birmingham and Solihull Business Development Programme has now launched with the aim of stimulating investment for business growth leading to job creation and increased economic prosperity.
The fund in total is worth £8 million. Grant awards of between £10,000 and £15,000 are available representing 45% of elgible project costs.
Eligible costs include the following:
Up to three days of accredited business advisor support to assist the applicant in completing the application.
- Removal costs.
- Expansion of existing premises
- Rent and Rates associated with moving to new premises
- Installation (heating and lighting).
- Marketing and branding.
To qualify for consideration, businesses must meet the following elgibility criteria:
- Be an existing SME trading for six months or more.
- Employ less than 250 people.
- Have a current business plan.
- Have an expansion plan in place.
- Have a viable project that qualifies for the minimum grant of £10,000.
- Create new jobs/safeguard existing jobs as a direct result of the project implementation.
- Be in an eligible business sector – applicants should contact their local representative to discuss if they are eligible.
Applicants must be based in or relocating to the GBSLEP area of:
- Cannock Chase.
- East Staffordshire.
- Wyre Forest.
Applicants should contact their resepective GBSLEP representative to discuss any deadlines that may apply to the scheme.
For more information please visit http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/supportforbusinesses
Source: birmingham.gov.uk, 14/09/2012