10,000 Small Businesses is an innovative programme designed to unlock the economic and job creation potential of small businesses and social enterprises from across the Midlands.
The programme is supported by Goldman Sachs and the Goldman Sachs Foundation. It is provided on a fully funded basis to successful applicants.
The core of the programme is a high quality, practically-focussed business and management education, delivered over 12 sessions lasting approximately 100 hours. The local programme delivery partner in the Midlands isAstonBusinessSchool, part ofAstonUniversity.
The goal of the programme is to provide participants with the tools and resources to help them lay the foundation for long-term sustainable growth and job creation in their communities.
The programme will be of interest to ambitiousMidlandsbusiness leaders who are:
- The owner or most senior decision maker of a small business or social enterprise.
- A business or social enterprise that has been operating for at least a year.
- Generating significant trading revenues and already has employees.
- Seeking to grow their business or social enterprise.
Participants benefit from:
- A structured, practical learning experience focused on the challenges faced by growing small businesses.
- Multiple sources of high quality advice and guidance as they develop a customised growth plan to serve as the roadmap for the business’s future growth.
- Joining a group of 25 to 30 selected small business leaders who form a trusted network that provides peer-to-peer support, challenge and guidance to one another in an open, constructive and dynamic learning environment.
- The opportunity to join a growing network of business leaders from across the UK.